Lamont Information Technology has many years’ experience in installing, testing and terminating fibre cabling solutions for all types of Businesses. We are able to do fibre optic backbones for larger networks, links between buildings, fibre to the desk or between floors within a building and have the expertise to handle any project.
What Is Fibre Optics:
An optical fibre (or optical fibre) is a flexible, transparent fibre made of extruded glass (silica) or plastic, slightly thicker than a human hair. It can function as a waveguide, or “light pipe” to transmit light between the two ends of the fibre. Power over Fibre (PoF) optic cables can also work to deliver an electric current for low-power electric devices. The field of applied science and engineering concerned with the design and application of optical fibres is known as fibre optics
Why Fibre Optics:
- There’s little interference from EMF devices, and fibre-optic cables don’t interfere with other devices.
- Fibre-optic cables are difficult to tap because they don’t emit signals that can be monitored. They are very secure.
- Fibre optics is faster than most other transmission mediums.
- The signal has a constrained loss rate, which means that very little of a signal is lost over rather long distances.
- Fibre-optic cables are safe to handle because high voltages aren’t involved.
- Fibre-optic cable is easy to install.
What we supply:
- Fibre Optic single mode (OS1, OS2)
- Fibre Optic multimode (OM1, OM2, OM3)
- Fibre Optic termination (Fusion splicing)
- Fibre Optic testing (OTDR)
- FTTH (Fibre to the Home)
- FTTB (Fibre to the Business)
- Fibre Optic Network patchleads (LC, FC, APC, ST, MTRJ)
Please Contact Us for more information or a Quote.